When we meet someone for the first time, we evaluate their personality and create an impression of them in our minds based on our experiences with them.
Similar to this, we also form opinions about someone based on what some of our friends have told us about them.
This also applies to brand image. However, the formation of an image by interactions and experiences with the brand is not always essential.
Potential clients develop an image of the company in their minds after reading news articles about it or watching an influencer critique it.
Customers’ perceptions of a brand are called its brand image. It might be described as how consumers perceive a brand.
Over time, this impression changes. Customers develop an opinion of a brand based on their interactions and experiences with it.
These encounters can take many different forms and are not always connected to the use or purchase of goods and services.
Every company aspires to establish a solid reputation since it supports their corporate goals.
The following are benefits of having a good brand image:
- Increased revenue as the brand draws in more customers.
- New goods can be introduced with ease under the same brand.
- Increases the trust of current clients and aids in keeping them.
- Improved customer-business relationships.
- A company with a poor reputation might find it difficult to run and might not be able to introduce a new product under the same name.
Hence, the success of your company greatly depends on the perception of your brand. If your brand has a bad reputation, many consumers will avoid doing business with you.
As a result, your brand needs to project a great reputation.
What is Brand reputation?
The term “brand reputation” describes the overall attitudes, convictions, and views that consumers, stakeholders, and the general public have about a corporation.
The cornerstone of a firm’s reputation is the words and deeds of that company. Do they provide high-quality goods and services? How do they treat both their clients and staff? Are they socially and environmentally responsible?
Unfortunately, there are situations when a brand’s offline behavior diverges from its online reputation.
This is particularly valid when adverse content turns up in a company’s search results.
This alternative digital narrative can hurt a brand’s reputation despite having positive reviews or a viral news cycle about a catastrophe.
Also, don’t undervalue the effect. Your business is affected at every level by your online brand reputation.
Here are a few reasons why you should safeguard your brand’s image:
- The sales you make, the leads you produce, and the entire marketing process are all impacted by how others view it.
- Most of your clients will look for your company online before deciding to do business with you.
- If your online reputation is good, you have a sizable competitive advantage. It can help to set you apart from competitors and may even be the deciding factor in someone’s choosing you over them.
- Negative online evaluations can damage a company’s reputation, reduce sales, and even lead to legal action.
- When competing for customers or leads, businesses with a bad reputation are at a disadvantage. Additionally, negative internet reputations can lead to job losses, decreased profitability, and decreased brand value.
- Companies with a good reputation tend to draw in more customers. They are seen as providing greater value.
Read Also: How to rebuild reputation after a crisis
Now that you know your why, here are the best strategies for managing your brand’s reputation:
1. In reputation management, research comes first.
Internet research will be used in this phase to learn what and how people are talking about your business.
Try to participate in a range of conversations because your reputation may be better tounderstand from people’s viewpoints.
Identifying what it is can help you determine where to concentrate your efforts in order to improve your brand’s perception in general.
If the results of your audit show that there is unfavorable review about your brand. In this case, you’ll want to put strategies into place that will help you enhance the interactions your clients have with your business.
The key to innovation and improvement is to know how your brand is perceived by your target market.
Their criticisms and pain points will point out areas of your business that need more attention, while their complimentary comments will highlight your successes and suggest things you should keep doing.
2. Enhance customer experience by managing your customers well in everything your brand stands for.
Make sure you have a solid customer management strategy in place because a poor customer experience will make your company ineffective.
Creating an outstanding end-to-end customer experience is the best way to avoid the majority of issues. Here are a few simple techniques to get you started:
- Promote fantastic goods and services. Keep quality over quantity as your benchmark.
- Enable frictionless transactions.
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Don’t hold customers hostage.
- Always prioritize customer service rather than taking a chance on unfavorable feedback.
- Provide your customers with a memorable experience to encourage customer retention.
3. Make the most of your internet and social media presence.
Social media profiles are crucial for managing a brand’s reputation. This is due to the fact that they rank really well in Google, in addition to the fact that they enable you to interact with customers.
On social media, customers constantly shape the perception of your brand.
So, find devoted customers to create a community of brand champions.
Your social media presence will go a long way toward communicating your brand image to people who are less familiar with your business, as potential clients will probably look you up online. So take it seriously.
4. Take care of consumer feedback expertly:
It is quite normal to take customer reviews personally and to want to fiercely address unfavorable ones.
However, remember that most of your buyers read online reviews before making a purchase. It’s not just to look at your reviews but also to see how well you handle them.
Therefore, try to control your anger so that you don’t reinforce the criticism.
Instead, let the person know that you value their input and are committed to making things right.
Be sincere and empathetic, and you can also offer to have a private conversation to resolve the issue.
And don’t get so wrapped up in the complaints that you completely ignore the positive reviews. If a customer takes the time to leave a kind, brand-positive review, you should respond to thank them.
5. Establish and follow brand guidelines:
It’s time to integrate your brand’s image into identification materials and consumer interactions once you’ve established what image you want to convey.
You should consider your communications’ “voice” as well as your logo, colors, and font. Your branding activities can be made more consistent, intentional, and successful by developing clear rules.
Once they’re established, adhere to your brand requirements. Remember that every time you stray from your declared brand principles, their impact is slightly diminished.
6. Connect the dots:
A good brand image is consistent at all points of interaction with staff, clients, potential clients, and anybody else who works with your business.
Every point that has been made, including your website, social media accounts, interactions with employees, and office space, should paint a consistent picture of your business.
Think about how each component of your brand image interacts with the others as you consider it. Use your brand’s guidelines and inform your brand’s supporters.
Finding the sweet spot where your ideal brand image and reality are perfectly in sync can be difficult. But that’s what profitable businesses do. From the time they enter your building, visitors begin to form an impression of your company.
7. Invest in managing your online reputation:
Reacting to viral news cycles and negative reviews is not how to manage your internet reputation effectively.
A successful ORM approach creates a fortress around your brand’s reputation to safeguard it over time.
Unfortunately, deleting search results from the internet is not as simple as clicking “delete.”
Management of a brand’s reputation requires time, money, and a comprehensive plan that is implemented by professionals.
Consider the risk you’re taking on if a company offers to restore your reputation for pennies on the dollar in a few weeks.
Your clients, investors, and staff all rely on Google to advise them on which brands believe.
We collaborate closely with you to create a positive, authentic narrative that portrays your business and brand.
What comes next now that you are aware of why and how to manage your brand’s reputation successfully?
Get in touch with us right away to take charge of your brand reputation.
Numerous techniques are developed and put into action by online reputation management companies like us at Techgism to affect how your brand is perceived.
These tactics influence how people feel about the goods and services your company/brand offers.
Contact us to take control of your brand image today.